THE WEEKEND IS NEAR

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 6:48 PM

 

The Weekend is Near


The weekend is near

I want to forget those piles of papers in the trays

… and replace it with vibrant strokes of paint

Manifesting an ox wearing a top hat

Smoking cigarettes and staring at the virus


The weekend is around the corner

I want to forget the endless back to back meetings

… and replace it with arpeggios of notes

Vibrating the verse and chorus

Of a good rock and roll song


The weekend is coming

I want to forget bloody budgets and kpi

… and replace it with the fantasy of an alien

Embodying chapters of contemporary writing

Filling up pages of plots and twists


The weekend is what I have been longing for

Throughout the hectic past five days

All I want is the weekend

For the sake of sanity



Jo Haq, Bangsar 2021

0 comments

Post a Comment

BUANASENI | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates