ABDUL KELEMUMUR

Saturday, January 9, 2010 at 5:22 PM













Title: Abdul Kelemumur
Medium: Computer Graphics (Microsoft Paintbrush)
Artist: Johan Ishak
Time/Date: {Time and date not recorded}, 1995
Place of creation: South Yarra, Australia
www.buanaseni.blogspot.com

HEN I was in school, I was so facinated by Malay's Taboo on anything relating to Pigs. Whilst I understand the reasons stem from religious appreciation of Islam, I fail to understand why God had created a creature such as Pigs, only to be hated by mankind. Poor piggy didn't do any sins to anyone but some treated them as if their sin was "existence" itself. Pigs, are dirty buggers. It is Haram to eat them but it is NOT! Haram to hold them. You simply just need to wash yourself if you touch them because of the deceases and nasty microbs that they carry - religiously washing using earth or mud but suffice to say that earth and mud is the all natural origin of the concept of "soap"! (Ancient Chinese used it to wash plates)

So, out of this facination, I, those days, chosed a pig head as an emblem for my grafitti whenever I vandalise the walls and furniture in the boarding school. The image shows a pig head from a side profile with a smoking ciggy in its mouth and a bow-tie around the neck. This pig also has really big ears like Dumbo and closes its eye while smiling. I think I created this emblem way back in 1990 but I only gave a name to it later in 1993, which is Abdul Kelemumur.



0 comments

Post a Comment

BUANASENI | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates