ARE YOU READY TO DIE?

Friday, October 25, 2019 at 8:59 AM
By Jo Haq
spanapurba.blogspot.com


An angel came to me. He asked me, "Are you ready to die?"

I stood there silently. This cannot be happening. I know my religion teaches me that we should believe in angels but I never believed that that belief can be proven. But now, an angel is in front of me asking me whether I am ready to die or not?

The angel jumped up a bit with his wings wide spread open and started to circle me. He whispered, "God is asking. I am asking on behalf of God. Are you ready to die?"

"Errr..... No. No I am not. Please do not take my life yet."

"Hahahahha...... do not worry. I am not the Angel of Death. I am not Israil. I am just curious to know whether you are ready... you know... ready to die? Of course God need not ask this but He wants you to ask the question to yourself. So you are not ready. Why?"

"Who are you? Which angel are you?"

"Who I am is irrelevant to the question. Now, man of God, tell me why are you not ready to die?"

"I.... eeeeerrrmmmm.... I have been sinful throughout my life. I need the chance to redeem myself. I know I may not be able to redeem all that I have done but at least I am able to reduce the baggage I created in this world that will follow me to the afterlife. I have had free sex. I drank alcohol. I gambled. I took drugs. I cheated on my wife. I took corruption money. I, I cannot remember when I last prayed five times a day. I fast but that is just to show that I am assimilating with the people around me. I spent thousands of Ringgit travelling to Europe, the Americas and bought expensive things but I never bothered to register myself for Haj. I have debts. Loads of debts to pay. If I die, my wife and my kids, how will they pay those debts? The banks will take the house, take the car, take everything valuable. My family will be left with nothing. If I have the chance, I just want to work a bit longer to pay off my home loan. It is just a simple linked terrace house. I can sell my BMW and buy a cheap car for my wife. At least she does not have to worry about paying the car loan. I just need my money in the fixed deposit, the equity shares and the unit trusts to be enough to earn a few thousands a month for my wife. The rest I am sure my wife is able to earn for herself. She has some qualifications. My kids...... my kids, I just need the savings to be enough for them to study and earn at least a diploma. Then they should fly on their own. I am pressed for time. I need to get all these in place before I am ready to die."

"Hahahahahhaha..... you stupid fool", the angel belittled me. "Do you think God needs to wait for you? What if God sends Israil now to plug your pathetic soul out from your overweight body?"

"I,... I,.... hmmmmm.... forgive me O' Angel. If I cannot have all that, can I at least have one thing before I die?"

"And what might that be little man?"

"Please, can I at lease wait until Liverpool wins the EPL?", I said with all honesty and desperation.

The angel landed in front of me and lowered his face to mine and whispered, "On that, you'll never walk alone my friend. I will pull some strings myself and for my sake, I really hope you can die sooner rather than later. Goodbye Dr Zamri."



0 comments

Post a Comment

BUANASENI | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates