BROKE FREE FROM SLAVERY JUST FOR THE WEEKEND

Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 8:27 AM
By Jo Haq
spanapurba.blogspot.com

















During the weekend I went to Ipoh for my alma mater alumni gathering. Half way there, speeding on the NKVE, I realised that I had left my smart phone at home. I panicked for a while only to discover that I was actually relieved. Relieved from being the slave to technology. It was plain and utter peace of mind. No one could reach me neither can I fulfil my obsessive compulsive disorder of checking my phone every other minute. It was blissful. Soon I had forgotten about the phone when my mind was occupied with Nasi Vanggey, Nasi Ganja and the tonnes of other delights that Ipoh can offer.

Today that freedom has been taken away from me. I am back in KL. My smart phone is back in my jeans pocket vibrating and ringing itself like a little irritating swine. I knew I was back in slavery when my phone had these to bemuse me:

878 Whassap Updates
739 Telegram Updates
675 Twitter Updates
546 Instagram Updates
443 Facebook Updates
103 new work emails
56 new Yahoo emails
16 Missed Calls
7 SMSs
1 Application Update

..... and we say we are liberated?


0 comments

Post a Comment

BUANASENI | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates